Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Run Girls Run!

We did it! We ran in the Surviving the Summer Sizzle run this weekend. It was a 2 mile or 4 mile. My playgroup friends and I started training in July and we ran the 2 miler. Some of my other friends were a little more ambitious, and they ran the 4 miler. Part of the fun was visiting before and after the race (after we caught our breath!) Much thanks to Sharea (the planner in the group) who did our daily run schedule for us. We love her! And kudos to Stephanie (4th from left) who has a TWO MONTH OLD baby, wow! Now we're going to train for a 5K for the end of September. However, I don't see any marathons in my future! L to R: Lauren Hailey (4 mile, she is sooo funny), Tonya Barber (smoked the 2 mile), Shelly Kilpatrick (4 mile, and yes she's always that cute), Stephanie Savorgnan (playgroup and new mama- 2 mile), Jennifer Mayo (2 mile-playgroup and teacher friend), Sharea Myrick (2 mile- playgroup, teacher friend, and coach), Kellie Milner (2 mile, I really didn't want to stand beside Miss Really Tall and Skinny, but I was stuck :-) and your's truly (2 mile)!
Yeah, we did it. Look how sweaty we are and look at my red face!
Thanks to my sweet husband who took all the pictures AND stayed outside in the heat to cheer me on and watch me finish when he could have gone inside the bar and had a toddy. He's sooo sweet!
The girls in black!
Chad and Tonya Barber

2 comments:

The Greers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Greers said...

Y'all are going to be little sticks blowing in the wind by the time I get back!!!! I'm proud of y'all!