Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2007

In Memory of my Dad

Jim Kennedy (June 9, 1945- August 6, 2006)

It seems surreal that you're no longer here. It's been a year of firsts for me. The first time I couldn't pick up the phone and talk to you like I did EVERYDAY and ask some silly question- like, my car makes a clicking sound- what could it be? The first time I drove up at your house and you didn't rush out to get my bags and you weren't there when I walked in. The first time I looked at your tractor and knew you would never ride Cooper on it. The first time I drove your Suburban and clenched the steering wheel because I knew your hands had been there. The first time I walked into your workshop and saw all of your tools labeled because you were such a perfectionist and I didn't think I could catch my breath because it hurt so much. The first time I sat at your grave and talked to you through tears and I know you heard me. Now, we begin our second year without you. Knowing you watch over us as we go on. Promising to never forget your sweet, gentle spirit and vowing to share memories of you with your precious grandchildren so that they too know what a special PawPaw you were.

Forever your little girl-

Dawn

To all my sweet friends who have helped me through the past year. It means so much that you've listened through many tears and been there for me in so many ways, so many times. I know I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Thank you for helping me walk through the valley and holding my hand along the way. Because of my faith, family, and you - I know I'm ok.

-dkl

4 comments:

The Jasper Family said...

Dawn,

You are such a special person and I know that it is entirely due to the fact that you were raised by such wonderful parents. I am literally sobbing reading your sweet note to your daddy. I know that he was and still is so proud of you. You are one of the best friends I have ever been blessed with. I thank God for putting you in my path. Please know that I pray for you and your mother all of the time. You both have shown such strength during a time of such sorrow. I am here for you anytime. ~Tammy

The Greers said...

Dawn,

I thought of you so much this weekend and even more when I woke up this morning. It is going to be a tough day, but like all the other 365 days that have gone by- this too shall pass. What I pray for you most is time to come when you can go in your daddy's workshop, visit his grave, go home without him being there and not feel the deep pain within but a sense of peace. I don't doubt that it was ALWAYS be hard I just pray it will be get a little easier each time. It hurts my heart to have a friend going through the same emotions/motions that I am going through as well, but I pray we will both become stronger women because of it.

The Greers said...

ps- sorry for all the mistakes in grammar and punctuation. I was writing that with a very blurred vision b/c I was crying so hard!

Sharea Myrick said...

Well - I don't write like Tammy or Emily but I have thought about you all day! I can't imagine what you are feeling but know that I am always here for you. Sharea