Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

One Sweet Daddy

For those of you who are married to deer huners~ you know today was opening day for Youth weekend. Will has been planning for weeks to take the kids. I honestly didn't know if he'd be able to "handle" it~ I mean, 2 kids under the age of 5 at Deer Camp with limited entertainment doesn't sound like much fun to me. Boy did he prove me wrong. I'm not sure who was more excited, Will or the kids. Will and I went to the grocery store yesterday for "camp food." He loaded up on canned items high in sodium and graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate for Smores. SK woke up at 6:20 this morning ready to go. They left around 9:30. I thought to myself when they left~ they'll be home by noon. I went with Jean Elaine and Rebecca for a mani/pedi. Then, JE and I had lunch and did some shopping (we missed you Beck). I got home around 3:30 and just talked to Will. It is 5:30 and they are STILL at deer camp. Pepaw bought a camper for deer camp so they have somewhere nice and clean to go when they get tired. Will said they just made Smores and would be home later. I miss them! I'm bored and ready for them to come home :) What a sweet Daddy to take them and what sweet memories they'll have of their deer camp days with Daddy. PS~ there were no guns involved (thanks to Aunt Amy and Uncle Michael's bday present for Coop- TWO Laser Blaster guns (that are really loud) have been their chosen weapons. I'm sure they'll scare plenty of deer away!Ready to go- check out SK's hunter's orange bow. I have a feeling she won't be tagging along to deer camp too many more years :)







post signature

2 comments:

Robin North said...

Hey girl! Don't even get me started on another project. I can't keep up with you. I must have a facebook account because I keep getting e-mail to add people as friends but I don't know anything about it!!! Where did you have Cooper's party? Were they old enough to jump? I am already thinking about Riley's next one....

The Carter's said...

Hey Dawn!! Thanks for adding me! I am now fascinated at this whole blog thing. Glad to see you on here and on facebook:)