Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

PANTHER RUN

Cheese~ Rebecca and Jennifer
Now that's a good friend~ to get up and be somewhere at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning! Tonya, Sharea, Jennifer, and me
Terry, Perry, and Lee (The Incredibles!)
Sara Kennedy's AWESOME K4 teacher, Anna Brown (2nd from left) and her husband Brad and friends~ Anna played a HUGE role in making this run happen. She was our recruiter! I love her!
Woo Hoo~ As all of my friends know, I've been planning the 1st Annual Panther Run for the past few months and it has finally come (and gone:) We had over 130 participants and I just have to give a shout out to a few of my sweet friends for coming. Everybody did awesome! The only friends I got pictures of were Rebecca Martin and Jennifer Burnside and a pic of Tonya Barber, Jennifer Mayo, Sharea Myrick and myself. The rest of the time I was running around like a crazy woman. I was so excited when it started (I didn't even have time to stretch). Everyone did awesome~ Sharea finished 3rd in her age group. Ashley Wren kicked tail and ran it in 26:38. My time was my best ever (thanks to my marathon running sister- in-law, Amy- (aka. my personal trainer) and some kick tail Rocky music, I ran it in 29:17, beating my goal of under 32:00!) Lee Powell is a speed demon, her time was 26:32- she won 1st in her age group. And Jean Elaine Ellis, speedwalker woman came in 2nd in her age group at 38:39. Can I just say, My Bunko group was "REPRESENTING!" My friend Done' Davidson (who just had a baby a couple of months ago) placed 2nd in that group with 40:15~ now those chicks were doing some walking. Will's cousin, John's wife, Ellen Rings won the OVERALL 5K Walk with a time of 34:47- she was "scootin!" Wendy Woods did awesome run/walking and Elizabeth Pace and Noel Webb did great too. My friend Dees Guidry came and STROLLED baby Alex! There are so many others that I'm friends with that have kids at CA and came out too! Thanks to Tammy, Stephanie, and Kelley who made donations- but couldn't come (we missed y'all and Stacey had to work :( It wouldn't have been such a success without all of the AWESOME volunteers ~ too many to list, who spent so much time working on this project with me. Some volunteers I hadn't met until working on this and I'm so glad I got the chance to know them! I can't believe we didn't take a picture together! Thanks to my sweet in-laws for babysitting and volunteering! I can't wait until next year!Add Image

1 comment:

The Greers said...

Congrats Dawn! I didn't realize you were organizing the WHOLE thing! Way to go.... I know you're hard work paid off!!!