Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful!

A game of football with Dr. Trey after lunch- look at Cooper playing with the big kids. Some of my very favorite women in the world~ my little cousin Dedra who's about to graduate from nursing school at UMC, my awesome mom, my sweet Aunt Shirley, and one of the people I have the most fun with, my cousin Rebecca My Uncle Gary who was one of my Dad's very best friends- they called each other "brother-in-law"
Sara Kennedy and her sweet daddy
Uncle Robert and Michelle, "Mimi"

I love Thanksgiving! It's one of my favorite holidays. I love the simplicity of it and getting together with family. We always have lunch with my side of the family and for the past 3 years it's been at Rebecca's house. This year, since Rebecca should be having a baby any day- she asked if we could have it at our house. I was very excited to have our first Thanksgiving in our new house. We had a house full of people and it was great! Each year at Rebecca's we all write on a tablecloth what we're thankful for. This year she brought the tablecloth to our house and we wrote on it here. As soon as we spread it on the table~ the first handwriting I saw was my Dad's beautiful handwriting. It was dated 11-24-05, his last Thanksgiving with us and he wrote he was thankful for "Life." The holidays are still very hard without him here and I'm sure they'll never feel "just right." But we managed and have an awesome family to help us through. I'm so thankful for the blessings God has bestowed on my "Life." Here are a few:

1~ My Savior, Jesus Christ

2~ My husband for his sweet and gentle nature and his humility

3~ Our adorable children (I laugh at myself when I think we had a life before them)

4~ Our families

5~ My wonderful friends

6~ Our home and having food to eat

7~ Last but certainly NOT least, we're all healthy!

No comments: